With observation and experience, I have learned one thing, the way a person talks and behaves is more about their perspective and internal conflicts and has very little to do with you.
Often we come across people whom we perceive to be rude, overconfident, insensitive, and narcissistic. Most of the time, their attitude is a cover-up and compensation for their inferiority complex. Even we exhibit some behaviors when something or somebody pokes our nerve of inferiority complex. It is good to know and understand these patterns of behavior so that we can address the root cause.
Signs that you are dealing with inferiority complex:
- You feel low about yourself which results in low self-esteem
- You easily give up on your dreams and goals
- You feel the need to withdraw in social situations
- You frequently experience anxiety and depression
- You tend to avoid attention and don’t take compliments and criticism well
- You constantly find fault in people around you and circumstances and do not take full responsibility for your life
- You tend to set unrealistic goals and seek perfectionism
- You find it difficult to admit a mistake and easily get offended
Post introspection, if you somehow find yourself exhibiting any of the above behavior, or, dealing with an inferiority complex, remember, it’s all in your mind. It is not your fault. But it is definitely in your hands to change the course of life. It’s all a matter of one question
Are you willing to change?